Evil Dead (1981)

Directed by: Sam Raimi
Starring: Bruce Campbell (Ash), Ellen Sandweiss (Cheryl), Betsy Baker (Linda), Hal Delrich (Scott), Sarah York (Shelly)
Country: USA; Effed Up American Movies
Language: English (Optional Eng Subs)
Genres: Gore-Gruesome-Splatter, Horror, Rape-Sexual-Violence against Women

About:
Smiley friends driving in a car, talking and doing dumb shit while headed for a cabin in the woods. Evil Dead is probably the biggest influence for this plotline, that has since vomited out hundreds of movies after Sam Raimi and buddy Bruce Campbell managed to turn Within The Woods into a proper film.

tree piss
tree piss
August 2, 2022 11:36 am

FUCK YEAH EVIL DEAD

Party floor
Party floor
August 2, 2022 6:04 pm

“HERE’S JOHNNY!”

Vincent Vega
Vincent Vega
Reply to  Party floor
August 2, 2022 10:54 pm

Dude… what have you been smoking???

Ally Manno
Ally Manno
August 4, 2022 12:09 pm

I love Evil Dead as much as the next horror guru, but compared to most of the other movies on this site, it’s pretty tame. Then again, What’s Eating at Gilbert Grape is also on there oddly enough, along with the TV Stephen King special IT from the 90s.

Kikitza
Kikitza
August 5, 2022 3:52 am

And the horror classic is finally here!

Zed Man
Zed Man
Reply to  Kikitza
August 5, 2022 9:14 am

Yep, agree 100%. Great effects for an 80s movie that has a cult status as the goriest of its time. Just watched the remake of this recently and while it was ok, it didnt stack up to the original. As u say, a classic.

Kikitza
Kikitza
Reply to  Zed Man
August 5, 2022 12:01 pm

I love u Zed

Zed Man
Zed Man
Reply to  Kikitza
August 6, 2022 1:26 am

Why? U dont even know me. But I am touched.

MR BRIMSTONE
MR BRIMSTONE
August 5, 2022 10:32 am

I feel vindicated! After all of these years of trying to explain to pinheads how the first Evil Dead is not a fucking comedy and I see it here in the land of fucked up films. It does use a bit of dark humor in a very subtle way to embellish it.
But this is not a comedy, not even in the fucked up sense of the word and never had been!

Great, fucked up horror classic!

muffles
muffles
Reply to  MR BRIMSTONE
August 5, 2022 10:56 am

I must be a pinhead because I would class it as a comedy/horror. Then I would laugh at derek a clive talking about rape so my sense of humour is fucked-up.

MR BRIMSTONE
MR BRIMSTONE
Reply to  muffles
August 9, 2022 10:11 am

I love that kind of humor too. I guess I should say that it is definitely not a comedy in the conventionally accepted sense of the word. (I.e. if you have a six year old child that would prefer to laugh at this over Lilo and Stitch, then most assuredly you are raising a delightfully fucked up kid!) You might be surprised at some of the places and people that have the kind of humor a lot of us have “What do you say to a Woman with two black eyes?” “What?”
“Nothing. You’ve already told her twice!” The first time I heard that was from a (Female) domestic violence counselor! She also confided in me that she liked to sub in slap play. But all of that was before the P.C. thought control(pussified censors) made it’s resurgence in the socialIST media age.

Lastly, this long-winded, typical Leo thinks that being a pinhead actually isn’t necessarily a bad thing either.

BOOM-STICK!
BOOM-STICK!
August 5, 2022 7:22 pm

To the folks who are unsure whether this was classified as a comedy or not:
This was a gore horror movie that was even banned in some parts of Europe. After it´s release it was quickly viewed upon as a comedy due to Bruce Campbell´s acting. They then followed that route emphasizing Raimi´s way of filming and Campbell´s way of acting when he was taking a beating and coming back ridiculously strong.
I find the movie extremely funny and I love it to death!

jim fucked
jim fucked
Reply to  BOOM-STICK!
October 2, 2022 1:07 pm

I laughed all the way through loving it so I consider it a comedy personally

Disturbed Kiwi
Disturbed Kiwi
August 7, 2022 4:37 pm

In what way is this an effed up movie?

fred fat

August 16, 2022 9:54 pm

it isn’t

Vincent Vega
Vincent Vega
Reply to  cobson
August 17, 2022 10:59 am

I guess this could be debatable… but if this is not effed up than 90% of the movies on this site aren’t either. Unless you consider all the Lucifer Valentine, August Underground, etc crap to be effedup!

jim fucked
jim fucked
October 2, 2022 1:06 pm

Never watched this before surprisingly but fuck is it good