August Underground 2 (Maggot Cut)

Directed by: Fred Vogel, Michael Todd Schneider, Cristie Whiles, Killjoy, Jerami Cruise
Starring: Cristie Whiles (Crusty), Michael Todd Schneider (Maggot), Fred Vogel (Peter), Killjoy (Serial Killer towards the end)
Country: USA, Effed Up American Movies
Language: English
Genres: Gore-Gruesome-Splatter, Sexual-Violence against Women, Sexual-Violence against Men, Necrophilia, Killers, Snuff, Torture, Incest, Old-Young, Puking, Siblings, Self-Harm, Pissing, Scat, Captivity, Small Creatures

This is the Maggot Cut of August Underground’s Mordum. Co-director Michael Todd Schneider (Maggot) was initially entrusted with editing the film, but Fred Vogel wasn’t satisfied with the result and shot additional footage before re-editing it differently.

The Maggot Cut might seem to be 20 mins longer but is actually just a minute longer. The additional minutes are trailers of Schneider’s other films. But existing scenes get extended here – sometimes to feature more of Maggot, which is kind of a good thing, and other times, for more of a backstory. The incestuous relationship between Maggot and his sister Crusty is also explored in more depth, as they bond over piss, shit and splatter. And what’s blatantly clear is the happy tranquility in their world when it’s missing Peter.

Other than that, it’s pretty much the same film with the chronologies of sequences varying. But since Maggot is usually in the middle of the more extreme moments, some would say this is more vile.

xlainx4713
xlainx4713
September 10, 2021 11:33 am

hell yeah thank you eum

ZombieChris
ZombieChris
September 10, 2021 4:37 pm

Awesome! thanks for the upload, i havent seen the Maggot cut of it, but the original is a gore fest masterpiece

ruby rain
ruby rain
September 10, 2021 8:27 pm

it wasn’t necessarily life-changing,but worth a watch,i guess.i prefer the other one tho

Loxx O)))
Loxx O)))
September 11, 2021 8:32 am

Well, Maggot cut is pretty life changing for me. At least in the sense of how I see August Underground. The first is definitely a wild ride of serial killer home movies. The second I always thought was a bit weird. This is the missing piece that helps it make sense. I like the added bits from Vogel’s cut and wish there was an ultimate edition that had these scenes along with Vogel’s. Seeing Peter in the original, then having the home movies stripped away from him by his gf and her brother, to what happens in Penance? That makes… Read more »

shane morris
shane morris
Reply to  Loxx O)))
September 13, 2021 1:27 am

i got the trilogy on dvd & wasnt gonna bother with this,i figured there wouldnt be much difference,but after reading your comment,it has me intuiged,so cheers,definetly sounds like its worth giving it & gaining another aspect

Karen
Karen
September 12, 2021 7:34 pm

A true work of art. A love story that will surpass the ages. This film shows you sometimes have to kill something to show it your love. You don’t see love stories like this anymore.

Badmoviejoe
Badmoviejoe
September 12, 2021 8:19 pm

This movie is hard to watch. It’s not the rape and murder. It’s the whole time you’re looking at an extreme close up of a guy’s beard. It’s ment to be a movie right? SHOW ME SOMETHING.

ruby rain
ruby rain
Reply to  Badmoviejoe
September 12, 2021 8:35 pm

that’s fucking hilarious

Badmoviejoe
Badmoviejoe
Reply to  ruby rain
September 13, 2021 3:02 am

Apparently we are the only ones who don’t like shaky close ups of a nose while a meth head laughs loudly.

Jamie De Courley
Jamie De Courley
September 15, 2021 9:32 pm

Even as a fan of extreme horror, I always thought the whole trilogy was just bad and overrated.

Zed Man
Zed Man
Reply to  Jamie De Courley
September 16, 2021 10:44 am

I too am an extreme horror fan, but not a fan of vomit and child killing and other gross out shit that is in this trilogy. No plot or story, just mindless garbage that belongs in a rubbish bin. Others might get off on it but its not my cup of tea.

*_xeno_*
*_xeno_*
September 16, 2021 3:04 pm

This movie set must have smelled vile.

alex
alex
September 17, 2021 6:23 am

this is like a really fucked up version of trailer park boys.

Human
Human
October 3, 2021 11:29 pm

Some people do not deserve to live. Evolution has failed.

bast
bast
October 6, 2021 6:44 am

Cool perspective. Seems tighter in a way.

fearfactory
fearfactory
October 10, 2021 12:23 am

i like this cut better tbh

TKrap
TKrap
October 10, 2021 4:01 am

Lol, I was once like you but dig this no offense, That’s why they call it disturbing Bro. But chill your supposed to not like pedophiles and neither do I, But our disturbing meter isn’t anymore righteous than somebody else’s. Maybe you like Transsexuals, OH what’s that you say “No way ill that’s disguisting” I can dig it bro but I myself do enjoy seeing a Trans person or people in films, Am I wrong for watching it.. who cares I’m an adult I can stop myself at any moment and watch something else and so can you.. NOW the… Read more »

TK
TK
October 10, 2021 4:13 am

BY FAR THE BEST ONE. And these girls are super sexy, I can see the genius people raved about but I wasn’t sold after seeing the first and second films. In this one though it’s way more rounded while gruesome. It makes for a better watch, It’s more intense.

bitch
bitch
Reply to  TK
October 22, 2021 7:00 am

Ruin
Ruin
October 24, 2021 10:27 am

beautiful, truly

Andy
Andy
November 14, 2021 12:17 pm

Sad truth is, there are people out there in real life who have committed stuff just as disturbing as this: Peter Scully, the murderers of Suzanne Capper, and the murderers of Jennifer Daugherty.