Be My Cat: A Film for Anne (2015)

Directed by: Adrian Tofei
Starring: Adrian Tofei, Sonia Teodoriu, Florentina Hariton, Alexandra Stroe
Country: Romania
Language: English, Romanian
Genres: Snuff, Captivity-Kidnapping

Adrian, living in Romania, is obsessed with Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway after seeing her as Catwoman and wants to impress her into acting in his film. For this, he convinces three Romanian actresses to star in his movie as a sort of pilot for Anne to judge his talents. And as the clincher, he decides to make it a snuff movie.

Random Trivia:
Edit: The following is said to be inaccurate by the director in the comments section.

The scene where Sonia calls the police has been claimed by the director as having actually happened. Apparently, the actress started to panic that things were turning too real for her.

Speaking in Romanian was the pre-agreed safeword between director and actors and there’s one more scene with Sonia, where she’s tied up and breaks out of character, shifting to Romanian.

Similarly, the men who turn up in the basement were also real neighbours.

bibi
bibi
February 21, 2021 1:52 pm

crazy stuff…true or fake???
thx

Tyler Something
Tyler Something
February 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Yay, this is present! I remember searching for this movie on this site about a month or two ago. Can’t wait to finally watch it!

Spøkelse#3009
Spøkelse#3009
February 21, 2021 3:38 pm

This snuff film is supposed to be fake, but the actors got to a point where it was too realistic and tried to get police help.

GimmeDisturbingShitPls
GimmeDisturbingShitPls
February 21, 2021 11:29 pm

What In The Fuck Did I Just Watch -1/10

raven
raven
February 22, 2021 12:12 am

type in sonia teodoriu on google and an image of the guy and the actresses comes up taken at an event after the movie was made.

Elliot Spencer
Elliot Spencer
February 22, 2021 3:24 am

Thanks for the plethora of new movie uploads lately admins:) Hmm, where to begin… this film had the unique attribute of being very cringe while at the same time being very boring af. Meh camera work, not in the aspect of some shakey cam synonymous w found footage, but just very basic and one dimensional. Also, if our protagonist would’ve never repeated any of his lines, the movie prbly would’ve been a ½hour long, lol. On the plus side, sound n lighting was decent(for what it was), and the ending was kinda unique and oddly happy/funny. If u enjoyed this… Read more »

Heidi
Heidi
Reply to  Elliot Spencer
February 22, 2021 3:45 am

Could only find trailers for his movies, so not sure where to look for the full length versions.

Elliot Spencer
Elliot Spencer
Reply to  Admin
February 23, 2021 12:52 am

Thanks, I didn’t want to post any links again, lol;)

Porusniuc Adina
Porusniuc Adina
February 22, 2021 7:09 pm

Thank you admin for all the movies!

Porusniuc Adina
Porusniuc Adina
February 22, 2021 7:11 pm

I.m from Romania so it was nice to see a movie from my country.

Jpeg
Jpeg
February 22, 2021 7:49 pm

The funny part is that the director (Twitter, YouTube) is still promoting his movie
The beginning was actually pretty good no joke, and I love how he constantly tells the 2 actresses to « fix the problem » or something like that, you know they’re not going anywhere, all confused X)
Refreshing, better than the 2 last august underground movies imo
Snuff film really need to be original, a bit of weirdness and some gore maybe.
Well anyways thank you!!

MAYOI
MAYOI
February 23, 2021 2:09 am

the director of this will follow u back on lebbertoxd if you give this a good rating LOL but i did actually enjoy it i think it is fun. recommend if u like pseudo snuff/found footage and are willing to not take it too seriously

K0MORi
K0MORi
Reply to  MAYOI
March 10, 2021 8:32 am

hello mayoi ayase ensemble stars, you wouldnt happen to have an obsession with a man named tsumugi…

Cordu
Cordu
February 23, 2021 11:24 am

As a romanian, i’m so fucking glad that i’ve discovered a movie like this on this site. I didn’t know that we could have this type of culture. Felicitari!

Adrian Țofei
Adrian Țofei
Reply to  Cordu
February 24, 2021 8:47 pm

Mulțumesc!

Adrian Țofei
Adrian Țofei
February 23, 2021 5:05 pm

The movie’s director here. The trivia is not accurate. I never claimed that a scene went too far or that the actress panicked and called the police because of that. Also, Sonia did not break out of character in the scene where she’s tied up.

I do not believe in manipulating audiences as a way to draw sales, I always made it clear that the movie is entirely fiction and never tried to present any of the scenes as genuine or “too far gone”.

Elliot Spencer
Elliot Spencer
Reply to  Adrian Țofei
February 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Obviously u believe in manipulating votes tho, and the vote count/rating of ur movie listed here, smfh. Weird how those #s jumped *so* dramatically in less than a day:/

Btw, did u end up finding Anne? ?

Elliot Spencer
Elliot Spencer
Reply to  Admin
February 24, 2021 4:12 am

@admin- Nobody else wants ya to either, lol. With all due respect tho, it went from being rated yesterday afternoon/evening a ~2.7 with I don’t remember the # of votes, ~30ish maybe, if that, to right now with a 4.5 and 127 votes, currently? As I’m sure u know, most of the films on ur top rated film list here (nice addition btw), as well as most others on this site, don’t even have anywhere near that # of votes, n some of those have been here a while… I’m all for the vote rating, I’m just letting it be… Read more »

Dr. Lecter
Dr. Lecter
Reply to  Elliot Spencer
February 24, 2021 5:15 pm

Yeah, well I’m seeing the same thing. Typical amateur marketing ploy. Create a controversy to drum up curiosity… and then manipulate audience reaction with fake votes.

Pitiful… and caught with his puggy little hand in the cookie jar.

Adrian Țofei
Adrian Țofei
Reply to  Admin
February 24, 2021 1:56 pm

@admin, thanks for adding the correction! I thought it’s clear from what I wrote on my website that the actress called the police in character, not out of character, but regardless, I’ve now edited my production notes to make it even clearer.

We did have a language switch, but not really as a safe word, it was to clearly differentiate between our real relationship director-actress and our fictional relationship fictional-director – fictional-actress. But there were exceptions for moments when our characters had to switch to Romanian and the scene where Sonya is tied is one of them.

Dr. Lecter
Dr. Lecter
Reply to  Adrian Țofei
February 24, 2021 5:08 pm

But YOU DO obviously believe in lying…. Get bent, Ricky Retardo.

nebula nox
nebula nox
Reply to  Adrian Țofei
June 26, 2021 11:10 pm

Hit me up on letterboxd mr director pretty please. Name’s Fearful.eye

KandyKane
KandyKane
February 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Okay first of all.. i love this site.. thank you 🙂 secondly as a person who watches alot of found footage i can say this is definitely an excellent film most found footage loses you in how boring the characters are after 5 mins.. Adrian is strangely likeable and holds your attention.. my only dissapointment was with the end the more gore the better for me.. but that doesnt take away from it being a good example of a FF movie well done 🙂 Also while the ending of ‘Reel’ is brutal.. the rest of the movie is kinda meh..… Read more »

Adrian Țofei

February 24, 2021 8:30 am

based on bjork stalker?

Adrian Țofei
Adrian Țofei
Reply to  gulag
February 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Not at all, I actually had no idea of the Bjork stalker at the time of making the film, I learned a couple of years later from fans asking the same question.

Dr. Lecter
Dr. Lecter
February 24, 2021 5:07 pm

It is very rare that I don’t/can’t finish a movie… but this is one of them. The directer is obviously barely a step above Karl in “Sling Blade” if he’s more interested in creating silly controversy and sitting here and giving himself 5 stars over and over and over… Maybe if this idiot spent this much time and energy on actually making a movie instead of trying to manipulate views, he’s produce better films. But I doubt it. I mean the guy even looks like Karl. And frankly, the movie really and truly sucks. And that is for sure and… Read more »

Maniac
Maniac
February 25, 2021 7:45 am

I think the basic concept is there, with a bigger budget could’ve been something but it’s clearly fake, a truly mentally disturbed person would film all of what he is filming, the blood would be darker in color if this movie had any real element to it. Blood in large quantities is almost black, a dark red if smeared. also the women, as beautiful as they are, were simply not convincing enough, the first girl at the beginning was, at first. I just don’t believe any woman is naive enough to let a strange man tie them up for the… Read more »

Alice
Alice
February 25, 2021 8:22 am

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD !!!
This movie sucked and I had just wasted my time watching this slow, predictable & boring movie. I could’ve just left but I was curious, wanted to know things from my own experience and endured it till the end. How awfully bland, I don’t understand the raving reviews.

ReallyJess
ReallyJess
February 26, 2021 10:45 am

THIS! I am sorry but hosing sidewalk chalk off my driveway before it rains would’ve felt like a more productive use of my time than watching this garbage. Boo.

CloudyDre
CloudyDre
February 27, 2021 6:44 pm

The movie is fucking great and his character is amazingly awkward but still strangely likable. One of the best found footage movies with a unique approach.. i’m not sure what all the negative comments are about when lots of movies on this site are pretty terrible in comparison but hey its just my opinion

Ralph Bunag
Ralph Bunag
February 28, 2021 12:26 am

oh my god! oh my god! oh my god!

luca
luca
February 28, 2021 9:45 pm

this is a frustrating movie to watch. i think the main character is a really interesting subject. there’s moments throughout where i can see the genuine characterization that he cares very deeply about anne hathaway. that? is interesting! i feel like if we spent more time with that concept, with his obsession, how far that obsession needs to go, i would have enjoyed this more. as it is, i am kind of inundated with his interactions with the movie he’s making. this falls flat for me because i don’t know why he wants to make this movie as much as… Read more »

l0ngpig
l0ngpig
Reply to  luca
November 7, 2021 6:56 am

Go back to tumblr

fackyamoma
fackyamoma
March 11, 2021 6:29 am

lol this guy making this shitty movie is a fucking retard that clearly just came out of the pshyco asylum that poor girl that had to find herself in that shit i really feel sorry for her!!!!!

nebula nox
nebula nox
June 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Only available on us streaming services, once again glad that this movie is on here

isadora
isadora
July 25, 2021 5:29 am

caralho muito ruim

The White Horseman
The White Horseman
September 13, 2021 1:29 am

Such a stupid movie…

shane morris
shane morris
September 13, 2021 1:37 am

well i found it enjoyable,something different & offbeat

Emma
Emma
November 17, 2021 9:53 pm

I liked this movie it’s good and creepy. It’s something different.

deathstripper#8028
deathstripper#8028
December 3, 2021 5:30 am

The movie was very realistic at times because of the acting, but sort of uneventful still. The ending was pretty tense though since I didn’t know what’d become of the last girl.